Next, learn how to build a printer server in a network environment in Windows Server2008. Printer servers are also very common, especially in large and medium-sized enterprises. For the convenience of management, you can build a printer service. Here, local printers include parallel port Serial Port USB interface network interface printers, and how to configure printing permissions. Then connect the network printer, manage the print priority of the print job print pool, support multiple clients, and finally use group policy to automatically deploy the printer.
1. Add a printer on the ftpserver server and share it with the client.
2. Click Start menu, open device and printer, and then add local printer. If it is network printer, select new port.
3. Here we choose to add a local printer, choose Epson model 3500K printer, and then next step.
4. The printer name can be modified by yourself, or you can use the default name and complete next step.
5. Share the printer, and then finish.
6. Port information can be changed, added or deleted here.
7. Now use the Windows client to connect to this printer. You can enter \ \ ftpserver or enter the IP address of the server in the run box to access it, and then double-click to directly access it.
8. Now the Windows client is connected and is in normal use.
9. Li Si, a user, created a TXT document on the desktop, in which he wrote a hello word and printed it out.
10. You can see who is printing on the ftpserver printer server, or you can cancel deleting this document.
11. Click printer server and select advanced to have a background folder. By default, all the files sent by the client will exist here first.
12. Printer pool. If you buy three printers of the same brand and model, you can configure the printer pool. Check all port 123. The first port is used when the first personal printer documents are printed, and the second port is used when the second personal printer documents are printed. Then confirm.
13. Printer priority, and set the printing time. Next, configure the priority.
14. Add a printer again, select the same printer, and name it Epson leader.
15. Then set the priority to 99, and the use time is from 8:00 in the morning to 11:00 in the evening. Even if there are employees in the printer documents below, the leaders will give priority to printing the documents sent by them, and then the employees will be printed after printing, which is the printer priority.
16. For other drivers, if the computer below has a 32-bit operating system, check x86, otherwise the 32-bit operating system cannot connect to the printer.
17. Use group policy to deploy printers, open server manager, click roles, check print and file servers, and then next step.
18. Check printer service and internet printing, and click next.
19. After the installation is completed, open the print management, select the printer server and click the printer to see the locally installed printer. Now, configure the Epson dlq-3500k print configuration group policy, and then the following users log in to the computer to automatically connect to the printer.
20. Select the printer, right-click to use group strategy deployment, then click Browse to select the sales department, and then click OK.
21. Then check (each user) and add click OK.
22. Click apply and you will be prompted that the printer deployment or deletion is completed successfully, and then click OK.
23. Open the active directory on the server and click the sales department. All users in the directory will automatically connect to the Epson printer when logging in to the computer.
24. After Xiao Li of the sales department logs in on the windows 32-bit system, he opens the device and the printer to automatically connect to the Epson printer.
25. After Xiao Li of the sales department logs in on the windows 64 bit system, opening the device and printer will automatically connect to the Epson printer.
26. Now open the users in the marketing department and test them on the windows system. The marketing department does not configure the printer group strategy.
27. Now, Zhang San, a user, logs in on the windows 32-bit operating system. Opening the device and printer does not automatically connect to the Epson printer, because there is no printer group policy configured.
28. Select a printer driver and right-click to add a printer driver.
29. The default server operating system will install as many drivers as possible. If there is a 32-bit operating system, you need to check x86 here, and then next step.
Choose the manufacturer and printer model. If you don’t have one here, you can choose to install it from disk, and then next step.
31. The installation will be completed later. Now the 64 bit and 32-bit operating systems have added printer drivers. Users will download the corresponding drivers according to the system when connecting the printer.