Win10 environment setup
Recently, the special computer room of the school has been set up, so you need to build the relevant environment on the new computer. Here are some thoughts and processes recorded for reference when building the environment in the future.
Do I need Ubuntu?
When I first came here, I spent a lot of time building Ubuntu dual system, but I didn’t really need it. I deleted it later. I quote my classmate: “Ubuntu is only an open source project after all, and certainly not as professional as windows.” indeed, in fact, I only need to use Ubuntu when deploying the server. After all, there is no GUI, which will save some resources and shell operation is more convenient.
Where should I install the software?
The configuration of the computer room is the same as that of my laptop: 128G solid state + 1t machinery.
On my laptop, I’m used to installing all applications on the mechanical hard disk (because that’s what I did ten years ago), but now I don’t think it’s the right choice. The price of solid-state disk will not be burst is the low operation efficiency, which is also a waste of resources.
So what software should be installed on SSD? I think it is frequently used software. For programmers, on the one hand, it is programming software such as editors, compilers and interpreters, on the other hand, it is life software such as QQ and browser (but for life software, we need to pay attention to the storage location of a large amount of data).
In the following, I will bold the software installed on disk C.
The pre installed system is not necessarily the latest version. It is best to upgrade win10 to the latest version on the official website（https://www.microsoft.com/zh-cn/software-download/windows10）It will be faster and more convenient to download using the easy upgrade tool.
The Microsoft account can synchronize a lot of data. Using the Microsoft account is convenient for me to migrate in different working environments. I installed these software:
- VS Code
- Visual Studio
- Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- QQ（https://im.qq.com/download/ ）
- v2rayN（https://github.com/2dust/v2rayN/releases, download and unzip the core first, and then unzip the other)
- Typora（https://www.typora.io/#windows ）
- 7-Zip（https://www.7-zip.org/ ）
- MinGW（https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/, C + + compiler, Download x86_ 64 POSIX sEH version)
- Python（https://www.python.org/downloads/, select install for all users during installation)
- Steam（https://store.steampowered.com/about/, for wall paper engine)
- Github Desktop（https://desktop.github.com/ ）