API is dynamic, it will add new functions regularly, but the old functions gradually disappear with the development of the project. It is not easy to obtain and respond to all API call types through simple management methods, especially with the increase of the number of calls transferred across the software environment. In the end, manual management is impossible, and automated systems become a requirement.
APIBenefits of management platform
Even with the right process, it’s still complicated to manage the API completely by hand. This is the solution that cloud providers specializing in API management platform and related products need to provide. Nowadays, some of the most popular API management platforms include: swagger, eolink, azure API Management
Here are some of the biggest benefits of API Management:
1. Version control and documentation. Excellent API management tools can not only create APIs manually, but also use the quick import function to create APIs and their required documents. After the API is created, the system will manage the new version, so that the version of each update iteration is well known.
2. Message notification. After completing the API document, when the project is updated, the API needs to be optimized iteratively. The modified API document can be set with notification to improve the timeliness of the information. At the same time, the development team can quickly understand the modified content or new functions of the API.
3. Team work. Different enterprises have different development teams, including test teams. In order to enable different roles to operate different projects, permission setting is particularly important.
4. Testing. API management platform can not only provide clear API documents, but also need to quickly test the API. Eolink integrates API testing and API automatic testing into the API management platform, and also provides mock function, which can ensure that the API management process starts as soon as possible in the development stage, and help to deal with the testing and improvement work that needs to be carried out before the development is completed.
5. API monitoring. API monitoring can check the health of API in real time, including the API of different nodes. When the project is wrong, API monitoring can help us quickly locate the wrong API, saving a lot of time and cost.
Not every project or enterprise needs an API management platform. But if you need an API management solution and want to make API management more standardized and streamlined, you can learn about the API management platform shown in this article.