What is SVN? How to use cloud effect to migrate code from SVN to codeup. Subversion (SVN) is an open source version control system that manages data that changes over time. This article introduces what is SVN and the use of cloud effect to migrate code from SVN to codeup. Codeup supports importing your SVN warehouse and converting it to git warehouse storage.
What is SVN? Introduction to SVN
The data managed by SVN is stored in the central repository. The archive records every change in the file, so you can restore the data to the old version or browse the change history of the file. Common concepts and operations in SVN are as follows:
- Repository (source code base): a place where source code is stored uniformly.
- Checkout: this operation is used to extract a copy of source code from the repository to the local database.
- Commit: this operation is used to submit the modified code to the repository.
- Update: this operation is used to synchronize the local source code with the source code in the repository.
Cloud codeupSupport importing your SVN warehouse and converting it to git warehouse.
Set basic information of SVN warehouse
As shown in the figure below, fill in the address (supporting SVN and HTTP / HTTPS protocols), user name and password of SVN warehouse
Anonymous warehouses can be accessed without entering account and password
It is recommended to configure a temporary readable warehouse account and password, and delete the temporarily configured account and password after import
Set import directory mapping
The standard layout means that there are only three directories: trunk, branches and tags under the root directory of SVN warehouse, representing trunk branch directory, common branch directory and label directory respectively. For example, in the following hierarchical relationship, there are several branches under the branches directory and several labels under the tags directory.
If your SVN warehouse layout is as above, you can directly select the standard layout during import.
Non standard layout
If your SVN warehouse is not a standard layout, you need to select a non-standard layout when importing.
As shown in the figure above, there are two cases:
If your SVN code base has no branch or label information, you can directly select it as shown in the figure above. Codeup will import all the contents in the root directory of your SVN code base, and will not generate git branches or labels.
Your SVN code base has branch or label information, such as:
Among them, the contents of trunk branches are saved in the master directory, and the contents of ordinary branches are saved in the branch directory without label content. In this case, fill in the layout information as shown in the following figure:
matters needing attention
- Codeup will convert your SVN warehouse into a git warehouse. If the warehouse is larger and the number of submissions is greater, the import time will be longer. According to the size of your SVN warehouse, the import time ranges from a few minutes to a few hours. Please wait patiently for the import to complete;
- At present, due to the implementation principle of non-standard layout, large SVN warehouses may fail to import. If multiple attempts still fail, it is recommended to import directly in the way of standard layout;
What is SVN? How to use cloud effect to migrate code from SVN to codeup. Cloud codeup supports importing your SVN warehouse and converting it to git warehouse storage.Cloud code management codeup, the code management platform used by 100000 enterprises provides code hosting, code review, code scanning, quality inspection, continuous integration and other functions to protect enterprise code assets in an all-round way and help enterprises realize safe, stable and efficient code hosting and R & D management.