If you want to learn Linux, you can install the Linux operating system on the virtual machine, or go to the web version. This article mainly introduces how to install Linux operating system (Ubuntu) under vmware workstation.
Pay attention to your own before downloadingIs the computer performance sufficientFor exampleMemoryOtherwise, it will be obviousCartonAnd other phenomena that are not conducive to the use of computers.
1、 Install VMware Workstation virtual machine
This step can refer to some online tutorials, not to be repeated here. The computer I use is windows 8.1 system, installed VMware Workstation 8.0.0 (hereinafter referred to as VM for convenience of recording), and other versions can be downloaded and installed.
2、 Installing Linux system in VM（Ubuntu）
(1) Download Ubuntu files for installation
Ubuntu Chinese website download
Ubuntu English website: https://www.ubuntu.com/download
Select “64 bit download key” or 32-bit download key according to your own computer and needs. The blogger downloads the 64 bit version of Ubuntu 16.04lts (long-term support). The downloaded file is in. ISO format.
(2) Open VM, click“File – “new virtual machine”, the following interface appears, select the corresponding item and click“Next >”。
(3) Select“Install image disk file”, via“browse”Locate the previously downloaded. ISO file and select it, then click“Next step”。
(4) Enter relevant information“User name“And”Password”Similar to the local account in Windows system, you need to select the corresponding user name and enter the password when starting up, and the password is in use“Terminal”It is also used for some operations.
Note: the user name can only be composed of lowercase letters, numbers or dashes.
(5) Select the installation location.
(6) Specifies the disk capacity.
(7) This interface displays the set information, if the previously set informationClick “finish” if there is no error, if you need to modify, select “previous” to modify. Click finish and wait for the installation to complete.
Interface after installation
Note: after installation, the Linux interface may be in the center of the screenThe computer screen is not full, this can be done by modifying the system resolution or installingVMware ToolsTo meet the interface size requirements.
AlsoOther installation methods, you can also find out and try to compare.
The above is the whole content of this article. I hope it will help you in your study, and I hope you can support developepaer more.