RPM usage details
On LinuxoperationsystemOne ofsystemThe function of the software package is similar to that of “add / Remove Programs” in windows, but its function is much stronger than that of “add / Remove Programs”. It is the red hat package manager (RPM for short). This toolkit was first introduced by red hat and later borrowed by other Linux developers. Because it saves Linux users a lot of time, it is widely used under Linuxinstall. delete the software. Now let’s introduce its specific usemethod。
rpm -qpi Linux-1.4-6.i368.rpm
systemThe details of the package will be listed, including the number of files, file names, file sizes, creation time, compilation date, etc.
2. all documents listed above are listed ininstallTime may not be allinstall, just like the program under WindowsinstallThe modes are typical, complete and customized. Linux will also let you chooseinstallAt this point, we can use the following command to view the software package that will be displayed in thesystemininstallWhich parts to facilitate our choice:
rpm -qpl Linux-1.4-6.i368.rpm
3. selectioninstallMode, startinstall. We can use RPM IVH linux-1.4-6 I368.rpm commandinstallThis software. stayinstallIn the process, ifsystemPrompt that this software hasinstallToo late or unable to continue for other reasonsinstallBut if we really want toinstallCommand, you can add a parameter “-replacepkgs” after -ivh:
rpm -ivh -replacepkgs Linux-1.4-6.i368.rpm
4. sometimes we uninstall ainstallFor the software that has been, just execute rpm-e < file name >; Command.
5. upgrading the lower version software is a good way to improve its functions, which saves us from uninstalling the software beforeinstallTrouble with new software. To upgrade a certain software, just execute the following command: RPM -uvh < file name >;, Note: the file name must be the upgrade patch of the software to be upgraded?
6. anotherinstallSoftwaremethodIt can be said that Linux is unique, and it is also a manifestation of the powerful function of RMP: it is directly online through the FTP siteinstallSoftware. When you find the site containing the software you need and connect with this site, execute the following command to realize onlineinstallFor example, onlineinstallLinux-1.4-6 I368.rpm, you can use the command:
rpm -i ftp://ftp.pht.com/pub/linux/redhat/…-1.4-6.i368.rpm
7. in the process of using the computer, we will inevitably make mistakesoperation, if we delete several files by mistake and affectsystemHow to find out which files are missing? RPM software package provides a function to find damaged files. Execute this command: RPM -va, and Linux will list all damaged files for you. You can use LinuxinstallCD for repair.
8. There are many files in the Linux system. It is inevitable to encounter files we do not know during use. Under windows, we can quickly determine which folder a file belongs to by using the “start / find” menu. In Linux, the following command line can help us quickly determine which package a file belongs to:
RPM -qf < file name >;
9. when each software packageinstallAfter the Linux system,installFiles will be “checked in” to the RPM database, so we need to query ainstallYou only need to search this database for the properties of the software. Note: the query command at this time is different from the query described in 1 and 8methodOnly applicable to theinstallUsed software package! Command format:
RPM – parameter < file name >;