Generally do not download the new version, it is better to download a more stable version, I download Tomcat 9 here
Click tomcat 9 under download on the left to enter the download page
- MirrosYou can change the mirror source, if it is too slow, you can change it, but the file itself is not big, just over 10M
- CoreJust select the corresponding version in 64, select 64bit-Windows zip for windows, and tar for linux version
- Source CodeThere are also source files below
in addition,downloadBelow there arearchive(documentation), there are directories of each version, enter the bin directory to download
Then download and unzip to the specified directory
tomcat is written in java and needs jvm to run, so it needs to configure JDK. If the following environment is not configured, it will crash
Create a new system variable JAVA_HOME ——–> your jdk installation directory (eg: D:\DevEvironment\openjdk-11.0.2)
Click on path and create a new input: %JAVA_HOME%/bin
Turn on:Then enter the bin directory under the tomcat 9 decompression directory, clickstartup.batBatch file, when the startup time appears, tomcat can be started
closure:Just click the console to close it, or enter the bin directory, clickshutdown.dat
In addition, the console is garbled
Click the console title bar and properties, you can see that it is GBK encoding, and the tomcat console is UTF-8 encoding, so there will be garbled characters
You can choose to go to the registry to change the encoding of the console, or you can change the encoding of tomcat
This I use to change the tomcat encoding:
Entertomcat installation directory/conf/logging.properties, open with notepad,ctrl + fsearch
java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler.encoding = UTF-8, just change to GBK encoding, and then restart tomcat
Introduction to the Tomcat Directory
- bin mainly stores binary executable files and scripts.
- conf mainly stores various configuration files.
- lib is mainly used to store the jar packages that Tomcat needs to load when running.
- logs Mainly store the log files generated by Tomcat during operation.
- temp mainly stores temporary files generated by Tomcat during operation.
- webapps mainly stores applications, and when Tomcat starts, it will load the applications in this directory.
- work mainly stores the compiled files of tomcat at runtime, such as JSP compiled files.