The last article was ready to configure the mirror database, and now we’re going to go into the real configuration phase.
Setting up security on mirror database server and starting database mirror session
1. Expand the database, select Virtual Manager DB, right-click to select the task-mirror
2. Click Configuration Security, click Yes, including Witness Server
3. Remove the witness server and configure it later
4. Set up the main server and fill in the endpoint name site1
5. Add a mirror server with the endpoint named site2
6. Specify the service account as the domain administrator account (which can be configured in advance within the domain)
7. Create Success, Click Close
8. Pop up the dialog box and choose not to start mirroring
9. Click on the running mode of the high performance mode, click Start Mirror, and see that the status display has been synchronized
10. After the synchronization is completed, it is shown as follows
Now that the mirror is configured, test failover begins
2. Manual failover testing
1. Right-click on the main database-Task-Mirror
Change operation mode to high security (manual failover is not possible in high availability mode)
Click on failover on the right, prompting you to disconnect all links to the main database
1. Click Yes. Start restoring to the mirror database. The image below shows the process of performing the mirror.
4. At this time, the display mirror has been completed, and the main database has been transferred to the original mirror database HYTEST02. The whole process is completed in one second.
Next, we will introduce the installation of witness servers and the configuration of automatic failover.