Printing is an operation that we often use in our daily work and life. However, some Mac users have various problems when printing files using mac. How to solve these problems? Now let Xiaobian help you find a way. Generally, printing problems are usually related to memory, setting up printer, postpcript, AppleTalk control board, selector, font, etc. Please follow the following methods to find and solve it step by step.
If you are printing, there is an error message in postpscript
(1) Turn off your printer (preferably cut off the power), then turn it on again, and try to print your files.
(2) If your file uses a lot of Chinese fonts, please open the “file” setting page. Please make sure “unlimited downloadable fonts” is selected under “postscript options”.
(3) Your file uses many fonts and has converted paths in various vector software such as freehand and CorelDRAW. Please use fewer fonts and simplify the path.
(4) Finally, you can only spend some money and add some memory to your printer.
If some fonts in the file do not print properly
(1) The unprintable text in this file is probably not installed on the Mac. (for example, the font of a language family is not installed). The solution is to change the unprintable font to another font before printing.
If you can’t print files on your specified desktop
(1) Please check whether the printer you use is selected as the default printer in the print menu. Then, select the printer image, open the print menu, and select set default printer
If the printer does not respond when trying to print
(1) If you have just turned on your printer, please wait a few minutes and try again. (some old printers are like scanners and need to be preheated before use.)
(2) Please check whether the printing software or driver for the printer is opened in the function manager control panel. Please find out the name of the driver.
(3) If the printer you are using is directly connected to the computer, and your printer is now connected to the Ethernet, please select “appletklk” in the “adapter” as “inactive”.
(4) If the printer you are using is directly connected to your computer, check to see if “printer port” is selected in the “appletklk” control panel.
(5) If you use the same port alternately to connect the LocalTalk network and the serial printer, after you turn off appletklk, the port will not reset the printer correctly. Then, please restart your computer.
(6) Check the status prompt. To perform this task, please select the image of the desktop printer and open “file”, “Introduction” and “status and configuration”. However, please pay attention to a small problem. If you open the “easy finder”, you need to close it. (in the “Edit” menu, the finder “preset…” Can be modified in the window.)
(7) Turn off the computer and printer, check whether all connections are connected and whether the print indicator is on?
(8) If your problem hasn’t been solved, reinstall the print driver.
If prompted, there is not enough memory
(1) Turn off spooling
(2) If you use a desktop printer, the amount of memory allocated to the printer will increase.
(3) Then reduce the amount of memory allocated to the application from which you print.
(4) If your file uses a lot of Chinese fonts, please open the “file” setting page. Please make sure “unlimited downloadable fonts” is selected under “postscript options”. If you don’t have enough memory, please use fewer fonts in your files.
(5) If your file contains complex images and curves, please simplify your path.
(6) Not yet? I can only let you spend some more money and add some memory to your Mac.
The above is the solution that Xiaobian introduced to you. If you have similar problems when printing, check them one by one according to this step.