Please come to the end of the article
Editor’s note: webassembly continues to grow vigorously with more language support, more tools and more application cases.
Emscripten 2.0.4 was released this week. New performance:
- Is the first version to support bazel.
- Default inclusion stopped
free. If you need to access them from JS, you must use the
-s EXPORTED_FUNCTIONS=['_malloc', ..]Export manually.
- Stop at
-O1Run binaryen optimization in. This makes
-O1Builds are slightly larger, but they compile faster, which is in the case of “compromised” builds (in the
-O0And a higher optimization level suitable for release build).
- add to
ERROR_ON_WASM_CHANGES_AFTER_LINKOption, if we need to
wasm-optAdd error if you want to perform any work in on wasm changes after _ Link option. This verifies that the link is the fastest, and does not do a dwarf rewrite.
Blazor recently released a new release candidate (RC) for. Net 5. According to the performance benchmark,. Net 5’s blazor webassembly is 2-3 times faster than before. The performance improvement lies in the core framework library and the optimization of. Net IL interpreter. It is worth mentioning that blazor achieves such performance without AOT optimization.
Remember the video transcoder project we wrote in the past? The project was recently renamed modfy.video . It has also reached a stable version. Its new features and improvements include the following.
- Dramatically reduce data usage (up to 25 MB)
- Support any format of video
- Complete modular design with clui
- Add document and API reference
The line team recently shared their experience with webassembly on the server side. The idea is to support decaton processors written by users in any language. Webassembly supports multiple languages and enables user code to run safely.
“In terms of webassembly’s application outside the browser, I think it has a bright future,” the author says
Developer Peter salomonsen explains why he wants webassembly to focus on being a computing engine rather than providing access to the whole system (such as UI) — the value orientation of webassembly is security first. Using webassembly on the server side, he put forward a good idea: webassembly allows code reuse between browser and server.
Alex Dixon discussed how he ported a game engine to a web server to run webgl games in a browser.
The low level academy will teach system programming courses for rust and webassembly. It starts with network programming. In the first lesson, you will learn how to use UDP and TCP Internet protocols.
Google’s Martina Kraus shared a talk at the webassembly live conference on how to optimize the size and startup time of the webassembly bytecode.
Webassembly in action is now available for free.Click read,Learn what a webassembly is and how it works.
In order to make rust grow and increase the use of rust in mainstream developers, we must lower the threshold of learning and using rust. This paper puts forward some suggestions.
- Good installation experience – can it be improved?
- The documentation is OK – can it be better? Easier to find? Excellent, for exampleRust cookbookIs it well known? Can it be updatedLatest suggestions on error handling？ Translate into more languages?
- Tutorials and learning materials are good – can they be better? Are there more video tutorials or tutorials for a specific field, such as embedded programming（embedded programming) ？
- Compiler error is OK – can it be better, as recentlyPRThat’s what it looks like?
- 5. Compile time（Compile times）AndIDEExperience has improved – can it continue to improve? Can we get a quick debug backend（fast debug backend）To further improve productivity?
The war between go and rust is heating up. The good news is that webassembly supports all of them! Children make choices!
Dropbox open source
pb-jelly, a protobuf code generation framework developed for rust. At present, several modules of Dropbox are using this software, including sync engine and magic pocket.
Bevy 0.2 was released. We’ve talked about this simple data-driven game engine before.
- Asynchronous task system. CPU usage is very high.
- Use webassembly to support the initial web platform.
- Parallel query
- Rewriting transformation system
- Support game controller / game keyboard
- Improve the performance of bevy ECS
Compare rust and python from changing requirements, including readability, testability, feedback, and toolchain.
This article is rich in content, from which we will have a comprehensive understanding of no server
- The concept of no server,
- How to classify no server,
- Advantages of no server over virtual machine,
- The difference between serverless container and serverless function,
- How to extend serverless functions.