We often neglect that there are some keys on the keyboard of desktop computer that we hardly use, and we don’t know the specific usage of the keys. They are called navigation keys according to their function classification. Now let’s talk about the usage of these keys and let them play their due role.
Use of navigation keys
1. Insert key: it is also abbreviated as the insert key, which is used to change the cursor’s “input mode” to “overwrite mode”. Press the insert key or press Shift + 0 (keypad). “Rewrite mode” is often used when a large paragraph of text has been edited. To rewrite or partially rewrite without completely overthrowing, you can reference the previous text while writing. Because “override mode” is not commonly used, sometimes you press the insert key by mistake to turn on “override mode”. As long as you press the insert key again, the normal “input mode” will be restored.
2. Home and end keys are used to edit a document: press home and end keys to move the cursor to the front and last of the line, and press Ctrl + home and Ctrl + end keys to move the cursor to the front and last of the document; press Shift + home and shift + end keys to select the text from the cursor position to the beginning and end of the line, and use shift + Ctrl + home and shift + Ctrl + end keys to select the text from the cursor position to the end of the line The first and last text of the document.
After a period of familiarity, you will find that using the shortcut key is much faster and more convenient than using the mouse.
3. Home and end keys are used to edit tables: they are the same as editing documents. They can also be used with shortcut keys to select the first and last cells of the row; select the first and last cells of the table; and select the operations from the selected cells to the first and last cells of the table.
You need to open excel and try it yourself.
4. The home and end keys can be used to move to the top and bottom of a web page when browsing a web page, which is very convenient when browsing a long web page.
5. PgUp and PgDn keys: the same as page up and page down keys, they are page up and page down keys, which can scroll down and up in web browsing, about the size of a browser screen, so it is convenient to read web pages. Some novel websites can use PgUp and PgDn keys to read the next chapter and the previous chapter.
6. The page up and page down keys in word and excel can also scroll down and up the contents of a word or excel display window.
7. Delete key: delete key. In text editing, you can delete the content on the right side of the cursor. In file deletion, select the file to be deleted and press Delete to put the file in the recycle bin, but use shift + delete to completely delete the file.
To yourself: these humble shortcuts will greatly improve your work efficiency.
To others: this person knows a lot of good looks.