Welcome to the site to participate in the activities, discuss how to solve the actual problems in the process of open source, click the registration link below to sign up! https://www.bagevent.com/even…
ALC is the abbreviation of Apache local community, which is a worldwide local group of Apache open source enthusiasts. Because it is a local organization, ALC is divided by city or region. Similar organizations include GDG (Google developer group), Facebook developer circles, Mozilla reps, etc. Any Apache open source enthusiast can apply to ALC to create a local organization on behalf of their city.
As the largest open source consumer country in the world, ASF has a broad mass base in China. How to transform the users of these open source projects into community contributors, developers, and even the initiators and maintainers of open source projects is a problem worth pondering.
Based on the consideration of this issue, we have created ALC Beijing and are committed to helping open source enthusiasts better take root in the Apache community through (but not limited to) the following actions:
- Hold online and offline salons to focus local developers and users together.
- By sharing open source development experience, encourage more people to participate in ASF project development.
- Look for opportunities for ASF projects to work with each other so that they can grow stronger.
- This paper introduces the successful ways of ASF in managing and operating open source projects, so as to help us operate open source projects better.
However, on August 16, ALC Beijing’s first offline salon will be held. As a pure developer community, segmentfault has always attached great importance to the communication and construction of open source culture and open source ecology. As a cooperative media, we sincerely invite community developers to participate in this meeting to jointly create an open source ecology and solve practical problems in the process of open source~
On the first day from the bottom, let’s get to know the round table guests who are famous in the open source industry.
The issues discussed in the round table are as follows:
1. What opportunities to participate in open source projects?
2. What difficulties have you encountered when you started to participate in the open source community? How was it solved?
3. What are the similarities and differences between Apache community / project and non Apache open source community / project?
4. As an old driver in the open source community, what is the biggest difficulty in participating in or promoting the open source community? Why? Can there be a solution?
5. Why did your project choose to join ASF? What are the similarities and differences between Apache community / project and non Apache open source community / project?
6. After joining ASF, is there any difference between project and personal growth?
7. How to build your own open source community influence?
Welcome to the scene to ask questions, click the registration link below to join the discussion!