- Small size, fast speed, low total cost of ownership, open source;
- Support multiple operating systems;
- It is an open source database and provides interfaces to support multi language connection operations;
The core program of MySQL adopts complete multithreading programming. Thread is a lightweight process, which can flexibly provide services for users, but not much system resources. MySQL implemented by multithreading and C language can make full use of CPU easily;
MySQL has a very flexible and secure permission and password system. When customers connect with MySQL server, all password transfers between them are encrypted, and MySQL supports host authentication;
It supports ODBC for windows, all ODBC 2.5 functions and many other functions. Access can be used to connect MySQL server, so that the application can be extended;
Support large database, can easily support tens of millions of records database. As an open source database, it can be modified for different applications;
It has a very fast and stable thread based memory allocation system, which can be used continuously without worrying about its stability;
MySQL also provides a high diversity of user interfaces, including command-line client operation, web browser, and various program language interfaces, such as C +, Perl, Java, PHP, and python. You can use a prepackaged client or simply write your own application. MySQL can be used on UNIX, windows, OS / 2 and other platforms, so it can be used on personal computers or servers.
- Hot backup is not supported;
- The biggest disadvantage of MySQL is its security system, which is mainly complex rather than standard. In addition, it only changes when MySQL admin is called to reread user permissions;
- There is no stored procedure language, which is the biggest limitation for programmers accustomed to enterprise level database;
- The price of MySQL varies with the platform and installation mode. If MySQL of Linux is installed by the user or system administrator rather than the third party, it is free, and the third scheme must pay the license fee. The installation of UNIX or Linux is free, and the installation of UNIX or Linux is charged by the third party.
- Ease of use, scalability for distributed organizations, data warehouse functions for decision support, integration closely related to many other server software, good cost performance, etc;
- It brings flexibility to data management and analysis, and allows units to respond calmly in a rapidly changing environment, so as to gain a competitive advantage. From the perspective of data management and analysis, it is very important to transform raw data into business intelligence and make full use of the opportunities brought by the web. As a complete database and data analysis package, SQL server has opened the door for the rapid development of a new generation of enterprise level business applications and the core competitive advantage for enterprises. As an important record holder of benchmark scalability and speed award, SQL server is a database product with full web support, which provides the core support for extensible markup language (XML) and the ability to query on the Internet and outside the firewall;
- Openness: SQL server can only run on windows without any stability of open operating system. It is very important for database. Windows 9x series products focus on desktop application. NT server is only suitable for small enterprises and windows platform has very limited reliability, security and scalability. It has been tested for a long time like UNIX, especially for large databases.
- Scalability parallelism: SQL Server parallel implementation and coexistence model is mature and difficult to handle increasing number of users and limited data volume scalability.
- Security: no security certificate was obtained.
- Performance: SQL server performs well with multiple users.
- Client support and application mode: client support and application mode. Only C / S mode is supported, and SQL server C / S structure only supports ADO, Dao, OLEDB and ODBC connections for windows clients.
- Usage risk: SQL server completely rewrites the code after a long test break delay many functions take time to prove and are very compatible.
- Openness: Oracle can run on all major platforms (including windows), fully support all industrial standards, and adopt a fully open strategy to enable customers to choose suitable solutions to fully support developers.
- Scalability, parallelism: Oracle parallel server extends the ability of Windows NT by making the group nodes share the same cluster work. It provides a high-performance and highly scalable cluster solution. Windows NT can meet the needs of users to move the database to UNIX Oracle parallel server, which has a high degree of integration for various UNIX platform clustering mechanisms.
- Safety: ISO standard certification with the highest certification level.
- Performance: high performance of Oracle keeps the world records of tpc-d and TPC-C under the open platform.
- Client support and application mode: Oracle Multi-level Network Computing supports a variety of industrial standards with ODBC, JDBC, OCI and other network customer connections.
- Use risk: Oracle’s long-term development experience is fully downward compatible and widely used with low risk.
- High requirements for hardware;
- The price is expensive;
- Management and maintenance are troublesome;
- The operation is complex and requires high technical content.
The above is a detailed explanation and integration of the three databases of MySQL, sqlserver and Oracle introduced by Xiaobian to you, hoping to help you. If you have any questions, please leave a message to me, and Xiaobian will reply to you in time. Thank you very much for your support of the developepaer website!