ArangoDBThe official version of 3.2 has been released, removing two major hurdles, adding a long-awaited feature and integrating an interesting feature. In addition, the official team said the new version improved arangodb’s performance by an average of 35%.
At the same time, compared with version 3.1, it also reduces the memory consumption. Cluster management has also been greatly improved.
New features of Community Edition：
- Rocksdb: integration with Facebook’s rocksdb storage engine makes it the first pluggable storage engine in the architecture, and users can now use as much data as disks. Coupled with rocksdb’s better locking behavior (document level locking), write intensive applications will significantly improve performance. There is no memory limit and only document level locking, which will remove two big obstacles for many users. If rocksdb is selected as the storage engine, all contents including indexes will be persistent on the disk, which greatly reduces the startup time.
- Pregel: pregal distributed graphics processing. By integrating distributed graphics processing, users will now have one of the most complete graphical toolsets available in a single database.
- Fault tolerance mechanism of Foxx: the Foxx service with fault tolerance mechanism can expand the database according to your needs in the cluster mode.
- Powerful graphic visualization function: using arangodb 3.2 can easily handle graphic data
New features of Enterprise Edition
- Each of the e-collections can be defined as a collection of e-collections. The arangodb query optimizer knows the location of each fragment, sends the request to the involved dbservers, and then executes the query locally. With this method, the number of network hops can be avoided during the connection operation of partitioned sets, and the response time can be close to the response time of a single instance. For specific examples, please refer to
- Enhanced LDAP
- Free time data encryption
For more information, please click here
Publish home page and download address
Source code download
Source code (zip)
Source code (tar.gz)