Just installed manjaro, need to install
Proxy SwitchyOmega, but the latest Chrome has long blocked the installation of non Google store CRX channels. Here is my solution, which is troublesome but usable. If you are familiar with NPM commands in nodejs, you won’t find it troublesome, because nodejs is used for compilation.
- A VPS server with the shadow locks server installed. It costs money, but it’s not cheap to rent it now
nodejs–With manjaro’s own
nodejs, and then install. To terminal input
node -vYou can return the version number.
- First use manjaro’s own
shadowsocks-qt5, and then install:
Other Linux distributions can go to GitHub of shadowlocks-qt5 to see if there is a proper release version
After the installation is successful and your own SS is configured, as follows
- Then go to GitHub of proxy switchyomega to download the source code（
Source code(zip)）, other methods will ask you to find the CRX version directly, but now the CRX format can’t be installed, you can only use the source code to install
- After downloading it, decompress it, and then compile it by yourself according to the readme page of GitHub of proxy switchyomega. The following is the copied compilation method. The line at the beginning of the pound sign does not need to be entered.
#To install nodejs and prepare the environment, you can do it here # Install node and npm first (make sure npm --version > 2.0), then: #Global installation of grunt CLI and bower sudo npm install -g [email protected] bower #CD to the downloaded code directory, and execute the following two lines of commands. Note that if the second line of command reports no permission, sudo is required cd omega-build npm run deps #The above command, according to the network speed, may run for a while, and then run the following command. If there is no permission, sudo is required grunt
- After running the above command, this folder will appear in the downloaded source code: Omega chromium extension / build/
Extension programPage, opening
Load the extracted extensionButton, select the previous build folder, and confirm to complete the installation. After installation, see the figure below.
PS. the compiled code cannot be deleted, but the source code can be deleted, so you can copy the compiled code to a directory you like, and then load this directory
- So far, it has been successfully installed
Proxy SwitchyOmega。 But it is possible to show that there is still no way to go to Google. At this time, just disconnect
Local server typeChange to
Proxy SwitchyOmegaThe configuration of is also changed to
http, then visit Google, it will fail at this time, and then change the above two configurations back to Socks5, and then connect them. Don’t ask me why, I don’t know why