Interpretation of IPFs / filecoin token distribution economic model (miner’s income)

Time:2021-7-28

Today, I will talk about the IPFs / filecoin token distribution economic model (miners’ income). Many articles on the Internet have introduced the economic model, but they have talked about a lot of professional terms. Xiaobai or IPFs miners who have just come into contact do not know what is related to their own interest and how to profit from it, The following is a brief talk about how IPFs / filecoin miners distribute their interests.

First, let’s take a look at the distribution of Tokens: according to the detailed rules for the distribution of filecoin tokens, the total number of filecoin tokens is 2 billion, 5% is allocated to the filecoin foundation, 10% is used for financing, 15% is allocated to the protocol laboratory and 70% is allocated to miners. In other words, of the 2 billion fil coins, 1.4 billion were allocated to miners.

In addition to the cost of hardware equipment, IPFs / filecoin miner access threshold also requires miner pledge: 1. Initial pledge; 2. Storage provider transaction pledge; 3. Block reward pledge.

Initial pledge means that a certain token is required to pledge at the beginning of the mining machine studio, promise the life cycle and provide sufficient guarantee for consensus security.

Storage provider transaction pledge means that the agreement requires a minimum pledge to provide minimum storage guarantee. If the transaction order is terminated in advance, this part of the pledge will be punished.

Finally, let’s talk about the block reward pledge in detail:

Filecoin implemented fip0004 proposal. The mining revenue obtained every day is not released immediately, but directly releases 25% of the reward of storage miner blocks every day, and the other 75% of the reward is still released at 180%. Consulting excavation K         Slf5576 first let’s talk about the distribution between investors and miners. Generally, for the physical mining machines invested, there will be a share between the dug fil investors and miners, which is generally 20%, that is, investors can get 80% of the dug fil and miners can get 20%. This proves the stability and investment value of fil. If fil is not optimistic, why would the miner want 20% and directly exchange it for cash?

What is the reward for directly releasing 25% of storage?

 

Daily release refers to 25% of the coin output released immediately every day.

For example, if a mine produces 2400 coins a day, only 25% of the coins will be released immediately; We can calculate that 2400 * 25% = 600, 600 are released immediately, and the remaining 1800 are released by 180 antennas.

What is a 180 day linear release?

 

We know that 600 were released before, and the remaining 1800 were released by 180 antennas, that is, 1800 were divided into 180 parts on average, one part per day until the release was completed in 180 days.

For example: 1800 / 180 = 10 pieces, and 10 pieces are released every day. From this, we can infer that when we receive the reward the next day, we not only have 25% of the reward released the next day, but also consult the reward department         Slf5576 also has a reward on the first day. Similarly, it can be pushed. On the third day, our reward is: 25% on the first day + one on the second day + one on the third day.

The above is the income content of token economic model closely related to IPFs / filecoin miners

How many years can filecoin mining last?

 

How many years the IPFs / filecoin mining industry can last depends on the currency production. When fil will be dug up, the fil mining industry will come to an end. This time is expected to be about 40 years.