In 2019, more and more enterprises choose RPA. One of the questions is which RPA deployment mode should enterprises choose? There are economic considerations, safety risk control considerations, and use scenario considerations. How to choose the final enterprise? Let’s see that the RPA product deployment mode can be roughly divided into three types: hairstyle, local deployment (on premises) and cloud deployment (SaaS).
The RPA is implemented automatically using general programming language and API. API is the application programming interface, which can easily complete the initial process of complex programming.
Through simple programming, RPA can deal with complex task flow. According to their own environment, office system and business process, enterprises can flexibly develop plans, create process scripts, and build exclusive RPA robots.
- Advantage: expand the business scope that can be automated and reduce the limitation of the operating environment.
- shortcoming: a certain programming knowledge is required. If there is no professional IT personnel in the enterprise, experts need to be hired. Customized RPA requires more human and financial investment, and the delivery time is relatively long.
Local deployment type
When deploying RPA software systems, the local deployment type (on premises type) is usually compared with the cloud type (SaaS type).
Local deployment RPA is to install and run RPA software on servers and computers inside the enterprise, and promote the automation of business processes based on specific templates (such as rules, macros, scripts, etc.).
- Advantage: it can be used with other internal systems of the enterprise through customization, and can be built according to the enterprise security policy. Generally speaking, the price of local RPA is slightly lower than that of development RPA.
- shortcoming: may not match the business process of the enterprise. In some cases, the business process may need to be changed.
RPA provided by cloud (Cloud Computing) is called cloud RPA (SaaS). It does not need to be installed on a computer, as long as there is an Internet environment, it can be used immediately after application.
Cloud RPA can log in to the cloud service platform on the Internet, deploy software robots in the cloud environment, automate web browser tasks, and improve process efficiency.
- Advantage: the deployment cost is low, and the achievement transformation is fast. We can explore and gradually expand the scope of business automation from small-scale business. Storage in the cloud, not limited by the location, easy to operate.
- shortcoming: Limited automation, limited to web browser tasks, and difficult to work with departments other than cloud services.
How to choose RPA deployment mode?
The choice of RPA deployment mode should be based on the size of the enterprise, its own needs and operating conditions.
- Large enterprises can customize according to business requirements. The larger the processing capacity and types of business, the more obvious the effect of RPA deployment. In other words, because the return on investment (ROI) of RPA is high and the benefit is greater than the cost, we can choose development RPA and local deployment RPA with high investment cost.
- On the other hand, for small and medium-sized enterprises, the business volume is relatively small and the investment cost is limited, which is more suitable for the automation of business process through the deployment of cloud RPA.