Win10 system encountered many problems when updating kb4013418 patch. The machine tried to update itself, but failed every time. Update history means that the update could not be installed, but there was no error code or special reason. Everything seems to be OK. How can we solve this problem? Let’s take a look at the detailed tutorial.
1、 Problem description
1. Kb4013418 is a cumulative update of windows 10, which has caused a lot of discussion on the Internet. People are frustrated because it doesn’t seem to solve the problem. This problem began to get into trouble during windows installation. In addition,A statement occurred about a reset that could not be completed.The same problem occurs when people try to install windows again. 
2. This message is frustrating to users because various applications cannot start properly“The start menu and other operating system functions also seem to be affected。 Unfortunately, the cumulative update problem of kb4013418 cannot be fixed by users themselvesInvalid system recoveryCannot start rollback  and other functions. Many users also complain that windows reset doesn’t help.
3. The person who encountered the kb4013418 error was interrupted by one of the notifications:
Cumulative update for windows 10 version 1607 for x64 based systems (KB4013429 ） –Failed 0x800f0900.
Cumulative update for windows 10 version 1607 for x64 based systems (KB4013429 ） – Error 0x80070002.
4. Although Microsoft did not answer why this error occurred, we provided some solutions to solve it. However, there are always errors about malware  and other network threats, so before you follow the methods we provide, please use the anti malware tool to check the system to see if there is any malware on the device that affects performance and may cause problems. To do this, use “reimage.”.
2、 How to fix kb4013418 cumulative update error
Since there is no particular reason for this problem, there are different ways to solve it. Microsoft also confirmed that the solution to this problem is to create a new user account, fix software distribution issues, troubleshoot, etc. You can follow the methods provided below, and you may try some of them, because they may not work for each device.
1. Create a new user：
You can try to back up personal data, use the command prompt to create a new user account, and then copy the old data to the new user folder.
Go to the command prompt and copy and paste this line:net user / add TheNewUsername SetUpPasswordHere Press enter。
Then do the same for this text:net localgroup administrators TheUserNameYouCreated / addAnd enter.
When you are done, go to thisPC > local disk > User，Delete corrupt configuration file。 Then, right-click the folder and selectdelete”。
2. Restart the windows update service：
Press theWindows Icon + X key, and then go to CMD.
Enter the following command:
Net stop bit
net stop wuauserv net stop cryptsvc ren％windir％/ SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old ren catroot2 cantroot2.old
Net start bit
net start wuauserv net start cryptsvc
3. Attempt to repair kb4013418 cumulative update using recovery console：
Restart your computer. On the login screen, select thePower restart”Press and holdShift key.
After restarting, you should select an options screen. choiceTroubleshooting > Advanced Options > go back to the previous version.
4. Perform automatic repair:
Press shift and clickRestart”To enter theAdvanced startup”。
When the startup options screen appears, open theSettings > update and Security > recovery > Advanced startup > Restart now.
At the CMD prompt, type:shutdown / r / o, restart the device toAdvanced Boot。
Restart the computer using the installation media or recovery drive. Select repair and advanced startup options should appear.
Run the command prompt again as an administrator. In the CMD box that appears on the screen, enter the following text and press enter:net stop wuauserv; net stop bit.
Go toC: \ \ windows \ \ softwaredistribution and delete all files in it.
The above is the win10 repair kb4013418 cumulative update problems encountered solutions, I hope you like, please continue to pay attention to developeppaer.
How does win10 turn on or off night mode?
How to uninstall kb4100347 patch in win10 system?
Win10 system background picture how to add your favorite picture?