Use Version: Centos 6.8
What is the role of the rescue model?
The root password can be changed;
_Restore the operation of hard disk and file system;
When the system can’t start, it can only start through rescue mode.
The steps to start the rescue mode are as follows:
1. First boot into BIOS settings (each computer enters BIOS differently according to its own computer), BOOT boot order isCD-ROM Drive Start FirstUse the + – number of the keyboard to adjust the order of up and down; save and exit after setting up.
2. After restarting the system, enter the installation Startup menu and move up and down toRescue install system rescue installation system；
3. Choose Language and Keep DefaultEnglish
4. Choose the keyboard type and keep it by defaultus
5. Whether to start the network or not, you need to choose according to your actual situation. If you need to copy data through the network, choose YES. Here we choose NO.
6. Enter the Rescue interface and selectContinue
7. The system is mounted under / MNT / sysimage. If you want to go to root, run the chroot / MNT / sysimage command
8. Three options: shell entering command-line mode; fakd being diagnostic mode; reboot restarting the computer; here we chooseshell
9. Enter the shell command line with the prompt bash-4.1#
Ls/mnt/sysimage/Files showing mounted directories as root directories
implementchroot /mnt/sysimage/Move the files in / MNT / sysimage / directory to the root directory;
The prompt after command is sh-4.1#
Ls. Files displayed as root directories;
10. In sh-4.1# mode, you need to start withexitExit and go back to bash-4.1#.rebootRestart the system;