In this era of advanced information, each of us has various relationships with more and more people, so the address book has become more and more huge. How to manage our address book has also become a very important thing. Mac users can manage their address book through Mac. Now let Xiaobian teach you how to do it.
A few keystrokes can record all the important people in the “address book”.
“Address book” allows you to enter all the information of the contact person, including the e-mail address, telephone number, address, website, code of online chat The names of important people around you (such as spouse, partner, relatives, friends, assistant), etc. because the data in the address book application can be accessed by all programs in the system, you can send e-mail directly from the address book business card, chat online with others, visit the contact’s website, and even print the address as a label.
New contact person:
If you want to add someone to your address book, please refer to the following steps to add a business card:
You can decide how much contact information you want to fill in. If the field is left blank, this field will not appear in the final business card.
1. Open the address book in the application folder. The left side of the program interface is the “group” column (which contains the group contact information), the middle is the “name” column (which displays the names of all contacts in the selected group), and the right side is the business card panel (for you to view the relevant information of the selected contact).
2. Press the plus sign (+) button below the “name” bar to make a new contact card.
3. Enter the name and contact information of the contact person in the specified field (click the field to enter the information).
4. A pop-up menu will appear on the left of some fields, allowing you to select the label of the field. For example, if you want to enter someone’s mobile phone number, press the pop-up menu next to any “phone” field and select “mobile phone”.
5. If the fields on the business card are not enough for you to fill in the contact information, please press the green plus sign (+) next to the field to add the field.
6. If you want to add other fields, please select “add field” from the “business card” menu, and then select the field category (such as URL, birthday, professional title, etc.) from the submenu.
7. If you want to enter additional information, please fill in the “notes”.
8. You can set the address book to display the contact’s picture (or any image). To add a picture, just drag the image file to the box next to the contact’s name above the business card.
9. When you are finished, select save from the file menu (or press Command + s).
Here are several uses of “address book”.
To send an e-mail to your contact, select the contact in the name column, click the label on the left of his e-mail to open the pop-up menu, and select send e-mail.
If you only want to see the contact card instead of three panels at a time, Please press the “show business card only” button in the toolbar (the button image is rectangular). To find someone’s contact information, you can find it in the search field in the upper right corner (there is a magnifying glass inside) enter the name of the other party, or press the arrow button in the lower right corner of the name column to scroll through all contact information. If you want to send e-mail to a group of people, you can create a group without having to enter an individual e-mail address. Press the plus button (+) below the “group” column, enter the name of the group, and then click “group” Click “all” in the column, and then drag the name in the “name” column to the new group in the “group” column, so that the contact can be added to the group. You can also create a “smart group”. As long as any contact meets the conditions you set for the “smart group”, the group will be automatically updated. To create a smart group, select Add smart group from the file menu and enter a name in the smart group name field, And use the pop-up menu and field to set your search conditions (for example, select “company” from the first pop-up menu and enter the company name in the field, so that you can create a “smart group” for the people of the company), and then click OK. The contacts who meet the search conditions will be added to the “smart group”.
If you still want to have a physical address book, you can print pocket sized address materials from the “address book”. Please select the name of the person (or group) you want to print from the name column, and then select Print from the file menu. In the dialog box that appears, select pocket address book from the style pop-up menu, select other options according to your needs, and then click Print.
Now you know how to use Mac to manage our address book. If there are many important contacts in your address book, or there are too many contacts, use the MAC address book function to manage it.