Sand sculpture works in an open API team of the company. Usually, the work content is mainly to do some external API project development, and is responsible for docking with third-party systems. Although I have been working for several years, I have always been doing my work according to the design documents and tasks assigned by my superiors. I seldom do my own design and thinking. One day, the team leader ran away. The Department boss wanted to promote him to be the team leader, but he needed to take charge of a new project architecture design work to test his ability. Therefore, he felt very confused. Because he had not tried before, he was afraid that he would not be able to do so and was afraid of losing this rare opportunity. He quietly went to consult an aunt in the Department.
It is worth using the 5w2h thinking tool when determining new solutions or solution requirements optimized for existing projects, regardless of the size of your project
- Who (who)
- What is it (what)
- When (when)
- Why (why)
- How much
WHOResponsible for identifying the participants and participants in the solution.
These are examples of the various questions you would like to ask about the “objects” of the intended solution:
- whoNeed to use this solution or affected?
- whoBenefit from this solution?
- whoPay for this solution?
- whoWill the solution be supported?
- whoHave the right to perform various activities in the solution?
- whoWhat are the roles in the solution?
- whoTo maintain this data?
- whoTo manage solutions?
- whoWho is missing?
WHATResponsible for identifying various functions, data, input, output, delivery, software artifacts, etc. in the expected solution.
These are examples of the various questions you should ask about the “content” of the intended solution:
- Purpose and goal of the solutionWhat is it?(should be stated in business terms)?
- Users need to be in / with solutionsDo what?？
- Solutions need to acquire, store, generate, output, etcWhat data elements ？
- whatIs the master data element?
- whatIs it a transaction data element?
- Authority of master data elementsWhat is the source？
- Solutions need to be implementedWhat are the business rules？
- Solutions need support and / or facilitationWhich processes？
- Solutions need support and / or facilitationWhat kind of deals？
- Solutions need to work with othersWhich systems interact？
- Solutions need to be exchanged with other systemsWhat data elements？
- Capacity of the solutionHow much is it(e.g. number of users, number of transactions, data growth rate, etc.)?
- Solutions can be solved or mitigatedWhat are the problems？
- I missed itwhat？
WHENSolve various time-based events and activities in the expected solution.
These are examples of the various questions you should ask about the “time” of the expected solution:
- The solutionwhenNeed to be ready for implementation?
- userwhenNeed to be able to perform specific activities?
- whenNeed to be performed regularly (e.g. daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly, etc.)?
- The solutionwhenNeed to be available (normal working hours, 24 / 7 / 365, etc.)?
- The solutionwhenWill it not be available?
- Are there any activities that need to be capturedhistoryrecord?
- whenCan data be cleared from the solution?
WHERESolve the various geographic or logical aspects of a solution.
These are examples of the various questions you would like to ask about the “location” of the intended solution:
- userwhere ？
- User needsFrom whereUse the solution?
- User needsFrom whatDevices interact with solutions?
- The solution is OKwheretrusteeship?
- Persistent data will be storedwhere？
- Temporary data will be storedwhere？
- The backup will be storedwhere？
WHYDeal with the various drivers and / or constraints (internal or external) imposed on the solution.
These are examples of the various questions you should ask about the “why” of the expected solution:
- Why?This solution is needed (e.g. changes in business conditions, new plans, replacement of legacy systems, technology upgrades, etc.)
- Why?Do you want to do it now?
- What are the statutory or organizational rules that the solution is designed to meet (i.e., the rules that drive the solution)?
- What are the statutory or organizational rules that this solution needs to meet (i.e., the rules that constrain the solution)?
HOWHow the process involved in the solution is carried out. Which steps, activities, and related variables affect it.
One trick here is to use a flowchart to better represent it.
These are examples of the various questions you should ask about the “how” of the intended solution:
- Yes?To implement this solution
- Yes?Use these open source frameworks in this solution
HOW MUCHSolve the problem of quantity and cost in the expected solution.
These are examples of the various questions you should ask about the “how much” of the expected solution:
- This solution can be improved over the original projectHow many?Performance?
- This solution needs to be producedHow many?cost
- Need to useHow many?human resources
The boss gives you a new project. In the middle of May, you need to provide a standard API to open up the data capability of some internal products of the company.
General requirements: the product opened this time is letter of credit. The data is obtained from a company’s data platform and provided to the third-party cooperative institutions through the company’s standard API. Customers will log in from the third-party organization’s app or portal website to obtain data, with a budget of about $200000.
Preliminary needs analysis
|Develop L / C status data||It is provided to third-party organization and enterprise users||Mid May||Get data from data center||It can improve the company’s ability to obtain customers||Standard open API mode||Budget $200000|
Interested friends, please welcome my official account to exchange with you. I can leave messages with questions. I am busy at work. I also take time to reply to every friend’s message. Thank you!