This section describes how to create a dynamic web project with eclipse and start the service with Tomcat deployment.
1. Download the latest version of eclipse, now the latest version is Luna
2. Download the latest version of Tomcat. The version used in this article is Tomcat 6.0.36
3. Download the Tomcat plug-in of eclipse
3.1. Download com.sysdeo.eclipse .tomcat_ 3.3.1.jar
3.2 com.sysdeo.eclipse .tomcat_ 3.3.1.jar copy to plugins in eclipse directory
3.3. Restart eclipse
3.4. After restarting, if you see three kitten icons on the toolbar above eclipse, the installation is successful.
4. Create a dynamic web project
5. Modify the default output folder path
6. Modify the folder name of content directory and check the box to generate web.xml Check box for file
7. Select Preferences in the window of eclipse’s menu
8. Select the Tomcat option on the left, select the downloaded Tomcat version, and select the Tomcat path “D: program filesapache-tomcat-6.0.36”. The most important choice is at the bottom server.xml
9. Select the project just created, right-click the property, and configure it in the pop-up window as shown below. Click apply and then OK.
Note that the path web root of web application root needs to be set
10. Right click Tomcat project again and select Update context definition
11. Click the cat icon on eclipse to start the service.