The computer is installed with the system of windows 10. Today, I want to format the D disk and install another system of Windows 7. However, when I enter the resource manager and format the D disk, I see theWindows cannot format the drive. Exit all disk utilities or other programs that are using the drive and make sure that no windows are displaying the contents of the drive before formattingIt’s a good information. How to format the D disk and reload the system?
The computer is installed with the system of windows 10. Today, I want to format the D disk and then install a system of Windows 7, but when I enter the resource manager and format the D disk;
Click [start] in the window of formatter (d), and a warning will pop up: formatting will delete all data on the disk (normal). Click: OK; Pop up again: this drive is in use, another program or process is using this drive, do you still want to format it? Click: Yes (y); Pop up immediately:Windows cannot format the drive. Exit all disk utilities or other programs that are using the drive and make sure that no windows are displaying the contents of the drive before formatting. Close all the programs in use and format the D disk again, which is still the case (a bit abnormal).
1、 Why can’t you format disk D?
1. Enter the explorer and click【see】-【option】, open the folder option;
2. In the open folder options window, click【View],In【advanced setting】Column removedHide protected operating system filesIn the previous check box, selectShow hidden files, folders, and drives, and then click Apply – OK;
3. Open disk D, and you can see that there is one in disk DSystem files (1)Folder, pagefile. Exe (page file), which is the virtual memory page file.
4. The reason why disk D can’t be formatted has been found, because the system’s virtual memory page file is set in disk D: \. If you want to format disk D, you must transfer the virtual memory page file to another disk.
2、 Method of transferring disk D: virtual memory page file
1. Right click the system desktop【This computer】, click in the right-click menu【attribute】In the system window, click the【Advanced system settings】；
2. In the system properties window, we click【performance】Item’s【set up】To open the performance options window;
3. In the performance options window, we click【virtual memory】Item’s【change】Open the virtual memory window. In the virtual memory window, you can see that disk D has 1216 – 1843mb page files ；
4. Click disk D and change the initial size (I) and maximum value (x) to“0”, and then click: set;
5. Then, we click on disk C-Custom size (empty), initial size (I) input: 1216, maximum value (x) input: 1843, and then click: set。（ The computer is equipped with dual system, the virtual memory is set to the system disk, and the system disk space is large: C disk 120GB.)
6. After we click Set, the virtual memory page file will be transferred to Disk C: \, and then click:determine;
7. After clicking OK, a prompt dialog box will pop up: to make the change effective, you need to restart the computer. Click:determine;
8. Click OK to return to the performance options windowApplication determination;
9. Back to the system properties window, we click OK;
10. At this time, a prompt dialog box of Micrososft windows will pop upYou must restart your computer to apply these changes.Click: restart immediately (R);
11. Restart the computer. After starting, enter the resource manager,Right click disk D: \ – format,Now you can format the D disk smoothly.