The biggest pain for novices is that they can’t get started. There are too many codes to manage easily.
Here, we introduce a simple and easy-to-use free server operation and maintenance panel – pagoda panel. Using the pagoda panel, you can install applications, synchronize files, regularly execute code and manage services for the server in the visual interface, which is very convenient.
If you have any friends who don’t know how to use the pagoda panel, you can see the previous articles:
- Pagoda panel tutorial (1) the most complete and detailed tutorial of building pagoda panel based on ECS
- Pagoda panel tutorial (2) pagoda panel add WordPress site detailed graphic tutorial
- Pagoda panel tutorial (3) successfully configure website SSL security certificate based on pagoda panel
- Pagoda panel tutorial (4) backup and recovery of WordPress website (pagoda panel)
Installation of pagoda panel
1. Install xshell
Reference tutorial: use xsell6 to remotely connect to alicloud Linux ECs
2. Use xshell (or Alibaba cloud’s own management terminal)
connection toAlibaba cloud server
(1) Alicloud’s own management terminal is connected to the server
- No. 1. EnterECS management console
- No. 2. Select ECs
- No. 3. Enter the instance list
- No. 4. Click remote connection, enter the connection password and enter the management terminal
- No. 5. Enter the user name and password of the ESC instance to connect to the ECS
(2) Xshell connects to ECS
- No. 1. Open xshell and click new session
- No. 2. Double click the created session, enter the user name and password of the ESC instance, and connect to the ECS
(1) Double click the session
(2) One time accept key
(3) Enter user name
(4) Enter password
(5) Successfully connected to ECS
3. Install the pagoda panel
(1) Enter the official website of pagoda panel
(2) Enter the pagoda panel installation tutorial and copy the pagoda panel installation instructions of the ECS system.
(3) Execute the command in xshell (or Alibaba cloud’s own management terminal):
(my ECS system is Ubuntu)
wget -O install.sh http://download.bt.cn/install/install-ubuntu_6.0.sh && sudo bash install.sh 1
(4) After the panel is installed, the command line displays the panel website, user name, password and other information.
4. Access the ECS pagoda panel
Generally IP: 8888 / an 8-character security entry name, but it cannot be accessed at first
(1) Re enter the instance list from the ECS management console and select security group configuration.
(2) Select configuration rule
(3) It is found that there is no security group rule with port 8888 in the incoming direction. Click add security group rule
(4) Fill in the security group rules (there will be a prompt on the right)
(5) Follow the previously prompted address to access the panel
5. Panel software installation and server construction
(1) Recommended kit installation (LNMP is recommended, but do not install the old version of MySQL inside)
If you don’t understand the differences between the two, please use the recommended installation (LNMP Kit). The installation method here is selected according to your actual situation. If the current environment is a production environment, please use (compile and install) to ensure the stability of later program operation. (extreme installation) is mainly used for experience and testing. Please avoid using (extreme installation) in formal cases, If you do not need these kits, you can also select software management in the function bar on the left side of the panel and select the installer in the current list.
After selecting one click installation, the number of tasks will be automatically displayed in the upper left corner of the panel. Click to enter the task list.
- You can check whether the nginx server is turned on by using the following command
curl localhost:80 1
- You can check whether pure ftpd is on by using the following command
curl localhost:21 1
(2) Tomcat server installation
Software store – > Tomcat installation
- When installing Tomcat server, Java will be automatically installed to
/usr/javaPath and configure the environment.
- You can check whether Java is installed and the installed version through the following command:
java -version 1
- You can check whether Tomcat is turned on by the following command:
curl localhost:8080 1
(3) Use the browser to access the Tomcat ECS (the default port is 8080) (the application server can parse both dynamic resources (such as JSP) and static resources (such as HTML), but its ability to parse static resources is not as good as that of the web server)
- No. 1. Configure the security group and add the port number 8080 to the corresponding security group rule
- No. 2. Use the pagoda panel to release the ECS firewall to port 8080
Security – > Firewall – > fill in release port (8080) and remarks (Tomcat default port) – > release
- No. 3. Enter in the browser address barhttp://ip Address: 8080Access Tomcat server (webapps directory)
- No. 4. If the speed of accessing Tomcat is too slow, you can refer toThis articleAdjust the corresponding configuration.
(4) Use the browser to access the nginx ECS (the default port is 80) (web server, which can only access static resources)
- No. 1. Configure the security group and add the port number 80 to the corresponding security group rule
- No. 2. Use the pagoda panel to release the ECS firewall to port 8080
Security – > Firewall – > fill in release port (80) and remarks (nginx default port) – > release
- No. 3. Enter in the browser address barhttp://ip Address: 80Access the nginx server (HTML directory)
- No. 4. You can use the domain name or other port number to access the nginx server by adding a site
Website – > add site
(1) Fill in the following information to add a new website.
- Domain name: fill in the domain name and port to be bound.
- Note: describe the role of the site.
- Root directory: the path of the current site file. You can choose the creation point. Try to use the default path (WWW / wwwroot) for management.
- FTP: you can choose whether to create a site. Please enter the user name and password. The password is displayed as a random number by default and can be modified to the password you need.
- Database: select the appropriate database type according to the program, set the data coding format, and enter the user name and password. The account number and password are displayed as random numbers by default, and can be modified to their own required password.
- PHP version: you can select the installed PHP version. For multiple versions of PHP, please install them in the software management list.
- Website classification: used for multi site management classification. The default classification is the default classification.
Note: add a site binding domain name. The first domain name cannot be a pan domain name. The domain name is bound to port 80 by default.
(2) Display the current site list, manage and configure the current site.
- Domain name: the domain name bound to the site. Click the domain name of the current site to configure and modify the current site.
- Website status: displays the running status of the current website. Click the running status of the current website to deactivate the current website.
- Backup: displays the backup status of the current site. Click the backup status of the current site to view and backup the information of the current site.
- Website Directory: displays the directory path of the current site. Clicking the current site directory will directly jump to the current directory of file management.
- Expiration time: displays the effective time of the current site. Click to set the expiration time of the current site (permanent by default).
- Firewall: website firewall. You need to buy firewall plug-in or open professional version.
(3) Configure the security group, add the port number 88 to the corresponding security group rule, and then use the pagoda panel to release the ECS firewall to port 88.
(4) Enter in the browser address barhttp://ip Address: 88Visit the site you created (/ www / wwwroot / lrk directory)